View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Frank Kealoha Ward

I have the 2010 edition .... and memorized now

I may buy the 2013 edition next year.

Sometimes good questions will go unanswered, many times Ive posted questions and they go well over 100+ views before I get a reply, but I expect it, if I have a question that I dont know the answer to after 30+ years of PreWar, I dont expect many to know the answer.. or I should already know it too

as far as the T206 150 series having a premium in guides, maybe a slight premium but nothing more. The whole damn T206 set is extremely common with 98% of the poses existing with a couple thousand examples known (population).

But then again the 150 series is full of portrait cards, and many including myself think the portrait cards are better looking thus more popular, and also the 150 series is 1-2 years older than the 350-460 series, so being older lol should add some premium maybe 1% for being older and 4-9% for being a portrait card...

E90-1 is a different animal, kids bought candy cards, and kids ALWAYS destroy cards, making them far more difficult to find now in nice shape, and overall, compared to the T206 (tobacco) cards of the same 3 year span.
Both sets have scarcity levels, but the average collector looking at E90-1 (not a E90-1 expert) will have to use a price guide to see the different scarcity tiers, because the backs are all the same making the cards look all the same (unlike the T206 set where there are different brands, series, fac#, overprints, etc. on back)

I still use the guides for scarcity tiers when I see E90-1 cards that Im unsure of how scarce they are, same with some T207 cards too.
With me, T206 is memorized to a point. ... and way overrated, but thats for another thread lol

Last edited by fkw; 11-16-2011 at 12:18 AM.