View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Belltown Vintage

You guys have such amazing stuff, and very interesting collecting directions. I'm having to collect vicariously through the bunch of you.

I did not pick up all that much this year, but I did write two articles that were associated with my most treasured baseball memorabilia, and I'm fairly certain that both will be published. Also well on the way to completing a book that also stemmed from the memorabilia. So it was a great year.

Collecting-wise, I have been picking up RPPC baseball postcards with generic teams and players, but with great baseball imagery, for use in a documentary. I have almost all I need, but still keeping an eye out.

The best single item I picked up this year was a partial book of 1909 Gunther Park tickets from a season ticket holder - that year games were played there by many of the great black teams (Cuban Giants, Lelands), and also a game between the Leland Giants and the Chicago Cubs, Reulbach and Foster pitching. Also a few integrated team cabinets with great composition.

On the card side, picked up my favorite cards of Gehrig ('33 Goudey batting), Mathewson (dark cap t206),Baker (CJ), Wagner (M101-2 Supplement) and Cobb (t205). Still looking for Ruth ('33 Yellow portrait) and a Johnson T206 portrait upgrade - those will be my projects for 2012.