View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hi Steve

Very light adhesive smears are on their rears. Therefore, I don't think that the fronts of these cards were changed by any "gaseous" type of effect. If so,
I would expect that you'd be able to smell an odor......these T206's are odor-free. Tell me Steve..why is most everyone here so quick to dismiss "printing
flaws" ?

Here are an eclectic bunch of cards that (in my opinion) are simply missing an ink pass in the multi-colored printing process. I have many more of these
printing flaws in my odd-ball collection; however, I thought this would be a good start to illustrate the point I'm trying to make.

.................................................. ..............................MISSING BLUE INK
[linked image]

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............MISSING BLUE INK
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Furthermore, notice how the color integrity has been retained in the front images, although these 1888 Goodwin's were glued in an album for 100+ years.
Steve....I acquired this complete set (50 cards) back in 1990 not too far north of you in New Hampshire. They were an original find that was passed thru
several generations in the same family.

[linked image]
[linked image]

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 12-01-2011 at 06:22 PM.