View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
Jeez Scott. You're on a longer streak then DiMaggio ever had! BTW... When in the hell did you get that Johnson/Bain Photo? IMO that is the finest of all Johnson images. And a helluva ticket as well!

I picked up this c. 1960's vintage original Elektra Records promotional photograph featuring Jim Morrison of The Doors. This 8 1/2" x 11 photo has a "Gloria Stavers Collection" stamp on the reverse and comes from her estate. Stavers was the former Editor of 16 Magazine, and a very early supporter of The Doors, as well as a former lover of Morrison... but then again, who wasn't.

Attachment 50871
Thanks Jimmy! The ticket is a cool pickup & the significance relating to 1924 for Walter Johnson is perfect. Unfortunately I don't personally own the Bain photo of Walter Johnson. I'm with you in that I really think this is one of my favorites that I've seen on Johnson. That's why I saved the image.

BTW, I've always been a huge Doors fan. This is the music that I grew up on. I love this photo! Great pickup and the significance of where it came from is awesome. I used to work a sales territory in west LA. Sometimes I would purposely drive out of the way in the late 1980's to look at the abandoned Electra Records building. I wonder if it's still there?