View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 05:07 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion. BUT the BCS got it right...The NC game isn't about what game people wanna see, or about whether the best two teams had already faced each other, or a game between two conference champions...It's a game that is to be played by the TWO BEST teams in the country. PERIOD!!! Nothing else matters.. Regardless of anything that can be said in OSU's favor. Alabama's ONLY loss of the season was against an undefeated LSU team, that people insist are that far ahead of everyone else...Oh Yeah! And that loss was in overtime...Basically, none of these three teams have lost in regulation. And two of these 3 teams faced each other, while the other finished regulation tied with a team that only had won 4 games in regulation. OSU has given up 34 points to Louisiana-Lafayette, 33 to Tulsa, beat a 6-6 Texas A&M team by a score of 30-29, gave up 45 points to Kansas St, and of course lost in 2OT to a 6-6 Iowa State team...

I'm sorry but I don't think a team that lost in overtime to one 6-6 team, while only beating another 6-6 team by 1, belongs in the NC game.. OSU only has themselves to blame for not getting a chance in the NC game, and not the BCS.

Let's keep in mind that I'm an Ohio State fan, and despise the SEC as much as everyone else..

Now for those claiming that the BCS fixed this game to make $$$$...How can that be, when everyone was talking out against it, and said they wouldn't watch a rematch? Seems to me, like that would actually cost them some money.. No fix here. Just the TWO BEST teams in the country. PERIOD!!!

Last edited by novakjr; 12-06-2011 at 05:10 PM.