View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Maybe Burdick didn't know at the time that there would be 38 different backs and 5500+ different card combinations and to seperate them to make it easier. As far as seperate listings, I keep lists of backs seperate in a spreadsheet. It is easier to search them that way. Basically all I did was combine PSA and SGC pop reports and also used the SuperSet spreadsheet and the lists that Ted has put together to get an idea of whats out there. As far as a price guide for 5500+ cards, I just don't think it would ever be an accurate value source since the prices move so much so quickly. I keep track of ebay sucessful sales of rare back T206's and during the past year of 2011, most cards have doubled in price. I think if there was a price guide, I believe everyone would stop looking at the prices when they realize the cards can't be bought at the listed price.

I think all the "what if" and "why don't" of the T206 set is what makes it a fun and difficult set to collect and even talk about and understand. Its kinda like a pizza, you can slice it so many different ways and divide it into many different numbers of pieces but in the end, its still just the same pizza.