View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 05:36 AM

First off I would like to thank Leon for hosting this site. It has been a much needed diversion. I supervise social workers for the state and this year has been quite rough for many of the people my staff serve. A little Etta James and Net54 makes even the roughest days bearable. Due to the economy I am almost embarrassed by the money I waste with this madness when so many others struggle to find homes. I couldn't play right field like the Great One but I still blame Clemente for my career choice. I'm beginning a much needed two week vacation and plan to spend the holidays with my healthy children, and beautiful wife. I am truly blessed compared to many I see on a daily basis.

By my standards and budget I had one of my better collecting years in 2011. I have very eclectic tastes. I collect vintage photos, memorabilia, pre and post war cards, game used equipment, and autographs. This scattered approach to collecting serves to make it extremely difficult to pick my favorite 2011 purchases. The items pictured below are my favorite 2011 pick ups from each genre I collect. I can't claim to have obtained any items as rare as others have posted in this thread. However I certainly had a lot of fun and squandered quite a bit of money. Thanks for indulging me this year. I hope that the Holidays bring all of you happiness and health. We are all so fortunate to be financially secure enough to chase these silly things we all hold so dear. Pass on your good fortune and do something positive for a total stranger in need.

Mike,
Thanks! Those are some important heartfelt words. I agree that passing on our good fortune is something that we all need to think about as a constant in our lives.

Your top pickups for 2011 are some really good ones. I like the Pudge game jersey and Reggie Angels era game bat.

Happy holidays and enjoy your well deserved vacation with your family!