View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 12:04 PM

Default t206 resource

Hey guys....here comes the scales again

please bear with me....and read ....

I just want to start off by saying, the site is great for all and our hobby alike....we all need a joint effort and contribute to the knowledge of t206 and unlock some of the many, many , many mysteries as we all know, which many of you have already...this is obvious to all the professional collectors here....stop any bad information and corruption that tarnish our hobby and turn new collectors "off"....we all make mistakes...lets learn from them..

I am really don't know where to start, but i am thankful and blessed to be able to pick up a few cards in t206, which pretty much is an obsession as some of you know me, this set is all i collect......i am humble to some of our veterans here and would like to thank all of you have contributed to my knowledge of the set...directly and indirectly...

i have made some great friends over the years, and have enjoyed my collecting these beauties like you wouldn't beleive.....i kept to myself for many years and just quietly looked for my cards.....like i said, over the years, and ebay handles actually be able to identify some of the guys you bid against for years , and actually could put a voice or a a face to some of these guys....or i shall say gentleman(it's the jersey in me)

Leon has set up a great forum where we can all get together, and that's net 54 which john drekker(btw-keep up with the writing john, your articles are pure nostalgia)...got me hooked on in 1999 i beleive and i am lurking on this thing constantly.....

The collectors who i consider close my "dudes" that i care more than cardboard about include(and i am leaving out alot)....John Drekker, Jim Rivera, Jantz Mike Healer, Jamie Blundel, Hank Levy, Dan Allread, Mac Wubben, Brian Weisner, Art M. , John M(wonks), Erick Summers, Turner Engle, Dan Mckee, Scott F., Trae R., Chris Browne, Clayton Jessup charlie, honestly i am leaving out so many ......

...i collect, rarely sell, and am not looking to make money off anybody, and i am sure everyone here can verify this, so i am giving as much of a non-bias opinion as truly possible.....although some of my "dudes" are owners/major contributors to the site....

Barry Sloate, Frank Wakefield, Ted Z., Barry Arnold, scot reader and so many more veterans i only chat on the board with deserve so much as they have contributed much beyond measure...

Listen....

Scott Forrest...is one of the , i consider, the man on t206.....he is one of the guys who got me hooked on the freaks many years ago along with Art M.(ask them)....and i passed up several freaks he gave me an opp to buy and i didn't and am still trying to get them!(downey overprint, dorner double stamp) just 2 name two......

I was excited to see scott come back, so SCOTT .......you know you are the man....i feel sadened by what i was reading......scott you have done so much, i'm sure all of this is a huge misunderstanding.....

Tim i don't chat with at all, but Jim is my boy, if he says Tim intentions are there, and what i have read of tim he has been dead on(except my chance sov 460 has fact magenta all over it!!!gotta see it)i support the site 100 %....and i know everyone who deserves credit will be given it.....in some way, because we are part of t206 advancement and the hobby...

the site is still brand new.....i am sure we will all have a page at some point, or showcased collections....the major early and latter works will im sure be well spelled out at some point.......these guys imo are only there for one passion............T206.............i have already as, im sure many, our suggestions....and do not claim to have re-invented the wheel

LET IT BE KNOWN- i want no credit because i have contributed nothing directly to the collective info, i am just a freak

The monster causes many to become greedy.....when large bucks and ego comes into play....sometimes we get hurt and THAT SUX!

VETERANS, NEWBIES, And Haters/lovers....

T206 interest is only gaining momentum every year and i don't see interest dwindling......egos aside.....i know Tim and Jim will always do the right thing, and looks like they have already....lets still be able to debate, but stop and malicous attacks on each other....it's going to be a new year.....let's ALL advance the set/hobby and i'm sure one day we will all be credited for the true dissections of this set...these guys were just excited to get it out there, i can see why....let's all give them a chance to include all that im sure will be added at some point....Scott....we love your freak information/images....they are what got me hooked....i love the first back stamp i bought off you Killian pitching.....so, you know i respect and you are will always be given props....

PHEW

THANKS FOR LISTENING...

Respectfully,

John vanderbeck

Last edited by mrvster; 12-26-2011 at 12:14 PM.