View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Tough question to answer because there may be collectors who have a vast knowledge about specific sets but are either unwilling or unable to share their knowledge with other collectors so it is hard to figure.
I believe that Mark Macrae is the most knowledgeable Zeenut collector and that his expertise extends in to pre-war PCL cards in general. By the time they complete their exhausting work, I believe Mike Peich and Tim Newcomb will know as much about T209 Contentneas (sp?) as anyone around. By putting together the master sets of E98s and E94s and doing research about the cards themselves and prices, Tim Kindler (E98) and I (E94) have a lot of knowledge about these two caramel card sets. Leon probably knows as much about the overprinted E94s as anyone. Jay and the others who wrote the comprehensive Old Judge book probably know as much about OJs as anyone.
Probably the best way to find out who to ask about various sets is to see who is writing articles about the various sets in VCBC and Old Cardboard magazines...
tbob