View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Belltown Vintage

???

I hate to see a thread like this, as most buyers are great. However, I recently had a very odd ebay situation: I had auctions end on several day, and one particular buyer was sending messages regularly - very friendly, very excited about all the cards, wanting to pay at the end after all the auctions had ended. He even sent me a note after they all ended, thanking me for making so much stuff available, and asking for an invoice with shipping totals.

He ended up winning $550 worth of cards, mostly low-cost items, so a lot of inventory to deal with. He never paid. He ignored all communications. I checked his feedback and he has been doing this to a lot of people: aserri022011 I have nothing against him, and not trying to call him out or anything, but he apparently doesn't really care much about the integrity of that particular ebay handle anyway, so it shouldn't matter to him, and I think it might be interesting to read his feedback.

This situation sucked because I had to open cases for about 15 individual items, wait several days to put back into my inventory, by which time I had lost the advantage of selling as part of a large set of ebay auctions (which had been my intention when originally listed), and who knows if ebay will refund all of my costs - they might, but their software is so f'cked up, that it's impossible to tell what they are doing right vs wrong.

So to answer your question: no excuse - just dead silence.

Last edited by Runscott; 01-11-2012 at 10:42 AM.