View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 08:48 PM

Default Why is it so hard for eBay sellers to just answer your question?

Usually I don't have any problem with eBay sellers because I only buy from those with high feedback scores and who specialize in memorabilia. Lately though, it seems like everyone has flipped the switch on me. Look at the responses I've gotten lately from sellers after asking extremely easy yes or no questions:

Hello. Great photo. I was wondering if you would offer a refund if the photo was found not be an original print. Thanks.

Cryptic answer: The photo is original. we have been dealing in sports memorabilia since 1977.

Great card! I was wondering if you would offer a full refund if the card does not pass third party authentication. Thanks a lot!

Cryptic answer: This card has already passed it once as it came from a PSA lot. But even PSA won't guarantee it to pass again. That is one of the reasons I so very detest those authentication companies. They are going to charge some schmuck 100 dollars to "authenticate" a card when we already know it is good. Just look at it! I really want zero to do with some snot-nosed kid who works at some service and wasn't even alive when Maris died. I am nearly 60 years old and was one of those collectors who got Maris in person, as well as Clemente, Aaron, Munson, and many others. If somebody can really forge a semi-faded signature of Maris like this one, I'll take ten of them.

My favorite of the week:

Hello. Great card! Is there any damage to the back of the card? I only see the scan of the front. Thanks!

Cryptic answer: Please see scans for condition. I do not offer returns.

These are just a few from about 10 or so I've gotten this week. It's driving me crazy.

Last edited by packs; 01-18-2012 at 08:59 PM.