View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 11:56 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants00 View Post
I also want to put in a pro-Grey Flannel message. None of these auction houses are perfect and many have let things through that in hindsight they should have caught. Here is what i like Richie and Grey Flannel. In my dealings with them, they have stood behind their stuff. I have also believed that while he is tough, once the deal is done he is always there. I dont mind the personality (and i would not judge a business by the personality). What i have seen is that he is passionate about his business. He does care about his customer. I also think that in the last 10 years, he has come a long way and has been better around doing research.
I think that all of these businesses have too many items they are trying to sell and it is impossible for them to be right on all. At least in my area, uniforms, they are getting a lot right and the batting average has been moving up.
dan
Yeah... right. They claimed that a 1950s Senators (McAuliffe) Jersey was authentic and game-used. They provided their official LOA even though the Jersey was clearly a prop from Damn Yankees (the movie). It even had the Costume Company's stamp inside the left tail. Plus, any novice collector knows the Senators wore exclusively Wilson uniforms during that time frame.