View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 11:06 AM
John G

Speaking as someone that bought cards as a kid in the mid/late 70's that now has 3 kids....

All 3 of our kids (boy 14, girl 11, girl 9) all enjoy buying packs of cards but the card co's have morphed the hobby into a lottery for adults....meaning you're simply buying a 3.00 pack at the chance of a "hit".

Back in the 70's my mom or dad would hand me a couple of bucks and I could buy 8 or more packs! Now today there's no way I'm handing my kid 25.00 to buy several packs of cards. If they're lucky I'll buy them ONE....and I won't even do that anymore due to the morons I see at the local Target fondling the individual packs trying to find the hits.

My son bought 2 A&G blasters the other night for 30.00 total. He ended up with a couple of decent hits and some Yankees but honestly I wouldn't give someone 5.00 for what he had pulled. Like I said it's like a lottery ticket.....

They've priced the kids out and seemingly don't care. Must be enough adults hooked to keep the "hobby" alive.