View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyatbat View Post
This option is 100% up to the buyer. If they want the sticker on their forehead they can probably arrange that as well. If you don't want it on the item, they give you the option to have the sticker placed on the letter itself.

How come nobody has a problem with Upper Deck holograms? Or the big ugly Ted Williams one from his company? The PSA one is actually much smaller than those ones. I have found as a dealer, that most buyers want it there believe it or not. If it is hidden, for instance on the backside of the photo, often times buyers specifically request to see it before they buy the item. As they know that making a bogus letter is possible. Like that crook down in Florida was doing last year. I realize they can make a bogus sticker too, but probably a lot tougher to get both right.
I didn't single out PSA. This thread isn't ONLY about them. It is about ANY company that does this. I am not saying it's the end of the world but it's not right either. There shouldn't be a service that totally defaces property for no good reason. And if it is on the back and the customer needs to see a scan of it, big deal. Show them a scan. best regards