View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmh71 View Post
I was referring to the Allie Reynolds, etc as far as the frame. I believe that they were submitted that way. You are correct in regards to the Mantle-Dimaggio and the Truman. I forgot to mention previously that those appear to have not been verified properly. The Bryant and Favre appear legit, but both PSA and JSA still have a right to issue their own opinion.
I don't believe that I can authenticate something in a frame.
It is too easy to slip through a laser printed autograph and fool an authenticator as that story has proven.
I am very surprised to have found out that the alphabets will authenticate items in a frame.
I have probably lost business because I have had people write to me and state that they have framed items to authenticate and ask me if I can do it.
When I say no, I rarely hear from them again, though once in a while someone will say they have taken it out of the frame and will send it to me for an examination.
And if someone sends me something in a plastic sheet, I do make the herculean effort to remove it from the sheet before starting my examination.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow