View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Steve

Default Mystery Remains

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
The Colavito photo is the same one they used for the action part of his '60 Topps Card. I'd also suspect that the main photo for that card was from the same shoot. You might be able to get a closer look at the stadium from that card.. The same main photo was also used on the '59 Topps if you want a little larger look..
Thanks for the info and suggestions, guys, but both of those Topps cards show even less detail than the Bazooka.
I'm certain it can't be Cleveland Muni (old shot attached): no facade, dugout trim paint doesn't match. It still looks like the old facade at Yankee Stadium to me, even if it appears to be hanging low. Wasn't the facade at different positions over the years? I know it hung from the edge of the roof, but seems like I recall it being more prominent back in the 1950's than it was after the renovation in the '70's. And, even if it was some other park, it still would leave the mystery of the home uni.

The only All-Star game appearance for Rocky in an American League park was the 1959 game in the L.A. Colliseum, and of course, that was a huge football stadium with no pillars or facades of any type. So, as near as I can figure, that was the only other place outside of Cleveland where he could have worn the home uni.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cleveland Muni.jpg (76.4 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by Volod; 02-01-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Updated info