Thread: Dennis C. Purdy
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdenny View Post
I often Re~read the finely written articles of the VCBC. I'd Like to personally "Thank You Barry" for your enjoyable reads that you contributed to the Mag!

And Yes, Dennis(What a Grand Name ) Purdy was exactly my kind of guy when it came to Saying it Straight.

I have heard that the #7 issue from the VCBC is sort of scarce... If it is so, My thoughts lean towards the idea that its because it's the one where Dennis really speaks his mind about PSA & ASA.

Any Thoughts? Maybe someone bought them up and destroyed them?
Glad you liked them. They were fun to write, and back in those days, there weren't a whole lot of sources for information. There was no internet, so we had to just go with what we already knew. My favorite article was the one I wrote on rare baseball books in issue #3, and would you believe I did it without any source material at all- back then I knew all that by heart! I checked a few facts out for accuracy afterwards in the editing phase.

Regarding the scarcity of issue #7, the rumor I heard was that PSA bought up all the remaining issues and destroyed them, but I was never able to verify it.