View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
The issue here is you and Chris and David until recently are always trying to one up each other, and say this huge value "psa or Jsa Mistake" holds more weight than dozens of other Ruth's by the other guys. Hey, here's a newsflash to people who I FEEL ARE TRYING TO HELP...ALL THE MISTAKES CARRY A LOT OF WEIGHT.

I just don't see why you guys can't get on the same page. I think one issue I see is Chris honestly has so much faith in JSA and PSA, that he wants to turn a blind eye to their issues. And Trav, you seem to want to "just attack the big guys".

How about admitting this whole thing is a BIG PROBLEM? Honestly, I don't see how anyone can trust ANYTHING ANYMORE. So many collectors have items that they may not trust anymore. We see posts on here of people buying things w alphabet letters, and now being nervous. Its a real hard situation, but the constant one upping and bickering is NOT helping.

BTW Trav, the Sayers thing is PATHETIC AND RIDICULOUS. you can't say " We have no reason to believe its not authentic" and such, or that something is, when there is nothing to compare to. I mean, I could write Pontius Pilate on a piece of paper w an old pen, and w/out exemplars, someone prob would pass it.

Scott Roberts.
Scott, I have never written or verbalized that PSA or JSA is perfect. They have made mistakes. Honest mistakes. We all make mistakes. We are all human.

I made a point a before about there being approximately 800 Mickey Mantle autographs on Ebay that are either PSA or JSA certed. I scanned as many as I could and didn't see one that was incorrectly authenticated. I don't see any Morales, TTA, or Stat Authentic certed Mickey Mantle autographs on Ebay, because that crap gets removed when reported.

I don't turn a blind eye to anything, but I'd rather deal with a company that makes honest mistakes than with someone who gives blanket authentication to anything that crosses their desk.

There's all kinds of problems with the hobby whether it be grading or autographs, that's just the way it is. The grading of cards and the authentication of autographs are done by humans. Do you know of any human beings on this earth that are perfect? I don't.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 02-11-2012 at 10:13 AM.