View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 01:33 PM

Default What is going on in this picture

I am a member of the CU Forum, someone referred me here with this question:

I don't have any questions about the autograph, but instead about the picture. My son put in a good 1-2 hours researching it this morning. Below is what we came up with and what we don't know.

Known:

1. Photo is an 8x10 stamped on the back by "Fay Foto Service, Inc. 45 W. Canton St., Boston. KEN 0018." Front of photo has a notation that is part of the photograph: "F4273-13."
2. Photo pictures Ted Williams wearing an overcoat, standing next to a young woman. The woman is not his wife from his playing days, Doris Soule.

Guesses:
1. This photo appears to have been taken in left-center field at Fenway Park. Note the outfield door at the right edge and the advertising signs. Does anyone else think this is correct?

Unknowns:
1. Why is there a helicopter on the field at Fenway Park?
2. What is the helicopter? The tail has a decal on it that says "Wo____'s ______arron-An____." We tried the following two words on Google with no success:

"Woody's Sharron"
"Woody's Barron"
"World's Sharron"
"World's Barron"

3. Can this photo be dated? Perhaps a way to see vintage pictures of the interior of Fenway to see if the signage matches up?
4. I am not too experienced with "type" photos. Is this a "type" photo, and if so, which type?

Thanks for any information anyone can provide.