Thread: BCCG question
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
I posted this in the BCCG thread on the postwar side, but it was slightly off topic and ultimately undetected.

I've been wondering about this more and more so I'll try it again in a new thread

I prefer raw, but do like the extra security of buying more expensive cards (for me) in a slab just for the increased odds that I'd be buying an authentic unaltered card. Despite the difference in grading scales, is there any reason to think a BCCG card has any more chance of being a fake or altered than PSA, SGC, or BGS ?
It was undetected on that side? Why don't you just be truthful and say you wanted to post it here? The one over there had 39 replies and as of right now 789 views. That's undetected? Maybe your views on things need to be taken into account?

BCCG stands behind their product just as any other Beckett product. The grading scale, which has been discussed to death, probably should have been the same as their other ones. Point well taken. There is no more chance of there being a fake or altered one in a BCCG holder as any other holder from my experiences. Personally, I put BVG very close to equal with SGC, in terms of reliability. Let me say it again, I agree with everyone that their BCCG scale should have been the same as their other ones.

To answer another question, I don't know if the same graders grade BCCG as the other Beckett entities. I do know that ALL of what we care about, pre-war, is graded by a few of their most experienced graders. I have the utmost respect for them. As a matter of fact, if you ask some other industry graders in person, they will tell you the same thing. I know because I have had a many a discussions with them.