View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 06:14 PM

Steiner sucks. I'm so glad my hero Don Mattingly doesn't go for his crap. I was at Dodger Town the last year they were in Vero and Mattingly signed for EVERYONE. He even took inscription requests and was happy to do it. This was his first year with the Dodgers and as soon as the work outs were over he signed for a good 45 minutes until everyone had something to go home with.

It's too bad too because Jeter used to be such a good signer. I remember when he first came up he'd sign outside of Yankee Stadium on his way in every single time me and my dad were there. He was literally a LOCK. Now IF I see him singing, even for little kids, he refuses to add any inscriptions or sign the sweet spot. He says he "can't."

The only time I've been able to get him lately was years ago at Spring Training. It was media day so of course he was just trying to look good. What a day though. I left with a ball signed by Jeter, Torre, Posada and Rivera. Of course I had to ruin that ball by getting Giambi, who had won MVP the year before. I still kick myself for that.

Last edited by packs; 02-24-2012 at 06:23 PM.