View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Ebay placed restrictions on me two months ago after a good 6-7 year run as a seller with ZERO negative feedbacks...and last month they stripped me of my top seller rating and my 20% discount because in the last three months I've gotten three 1 or 2 DSR ratings for 'communication'. So three of my buyers who felt I didn't communicate well enough with them cost me $170 last month. It's exasperating..I've scaled waaayyy back on my selling this month. Maybe I'll go back to my regular listing habits when I get my 20% discount back. I don't understand why ebay wants to kill off auctions and become more like Amazon...there's already a site like that and it's called Amazon.
I found this post doing a search on 'top-rated' seller, trying to see if anyone else was getting weird results with ebay's program.

I lost mine today because of three 1 or 2 DSR ratings for shipping costs. Very, very ridiculous as I LOSE money on shipping every time I run straight auctions, and my BIN's are almost always 'free shipping'. I also had two bad ratings for shipping speed, which is laughable - I ship the day I'm paid, unless the post office is closed. I really hate to even guess why this happened, as none of the guesses are pleasant to think about, but the end result is the same...

...BIN's with free shipping. No more of the take-it-up-the-rear straight auctions which, by the way, nail you for 11% of the first $50...unless you are a top-seller.

Just venting. Off to lunch.