View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 PM

Starting in June, Top-rated sellers will need to have tracking information uploaded to eBay within their stated handling time on 90% or more of their transactions with US buyers. As of June 1, the 20% final value fee discount and greatest on average boost in Best Match will go to those listings from Top-rated sellers that include 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy with a money-back refund option. Listings without these two services will still have the Top-rated seller badge and some boost in Best Match but will not earn the discounts or the highest average boost in Best Match.

Based on a February 20 evaluation, you'll need to take a few steps to keep your Top-rated benefits in June:

Start now to upload tracking information to meet the 90% mark. The easiest way to upload tracking information is to use eBay Labels. It's fast and easy, and tracking information is uploaded automatically. And USPSŪ now offers FREE Delivery Confirmation ™ with eBay Labels for many services, including First-Class Package service for parcels!

I'm confused. Does this mean I HAVE to buy tracking now on every package to maintain the 20 percent? I sell hundreds and hundreds of books a year, along with records, magazine, lots of media stuff, and I already regularly lose money on shipping because of ebay's $4 limit on media mail. (think about how heavy some books are, even with media rates they often exceed $4 with packaging costs included.) If I have to add tracking, too, at my cost, it's really going to hit me hard. I notice they don't mention media mail in their "many services." I'm guessing it doesn't qualify for free tracking, which basically screws me. God, they're a-holes. Every time I get one of these messages about new seller "protections," I know it's going to cost me money. Idiots.

Last edited by cubsguy1969; 02-28-2012 at 02:45 PM.