View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 06:09 AM
Andrew Parks

While never having coached Little League, I did coach American Legion and High School baseball for twenty years. I also took an all-star team of 11's and 12's from Tennessee to the Cooperstown Dream Park tournament.

On the legion teams I coached was Garret Stephenson (won 15 games with the Cards a few years back). The year before I coached Garrett, though, I was his catcher, as I returned as a coach the year after my last year of eligibility.

There are two current minor leaguers who I coached in High School. One is Noel Cuevas who plays centerfield for the single-A Dodger affiliate and the other is shortstop Francisco Lindor who Cleveland made their number one overall pick last year. They project he should be a major leaguer in 3 years or so.

Lastly, on that Cooperstown team was current Tampa ace David Price. He was my number two starter and starting left-fielder at age 12. Off that team, four guys were eventually drafted - very talented team! We placed third out of forty-three teams...David actually lost our last only game of the tournament, a 3-2 semifinal loss, to a team from California. We did, however, manage to beat the eventual champions during pool play, 13-5.