View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

This year will be my 12th show. Lots of good tips above, I can add a few things:

1. I have tried back packs, shoulder slung cases and rolling sample cases and the latter are by far the best way to cruise around the show. After several hours your neck and back will be killing you if you have anything slung across them, unless you are a hiker used to wearing a pack.

2. Take the time to do a serious and detailed want list. While you may not find a specific holy grail card, you never know what you will run across that would fit your collection. Last year, for example, I found a table where the dealer was blowing out an album full of 1947-66 Exhibits, including most of the SPs, for $3 each. I was very happy to have that list that day since I knocked off several dozen of the tougher cards in the set in one shot.

3. I think Wednesday is imperative if you can swing it. Getting into the show that day has brought me some great finds that would have been gone had I waited until that evening.

4. I don't subscribe to the idea of waiting to see what else you might find before pulling the trigger on a purchase of something you have been chasing for a long time. I did that in 2004 in Cleveland and nearly lost an item I really wanted. If it is there and it is priced decently, grab it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...