View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 08:28 PM
MikeB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Jack - Here's a pic of the cover of the Senators Checklist Book. It is 8.5" x 11", softbound, and 230 pages. There are lots of pictures of cards along with interesting tidbits re the Senators history at the bottoms of most of the pages. Tom Holster, the author, is (or was?) a DC area collector - I believe he produced this book mostly as a "labor of love," as I don't believe he sold very many copies of it. A few years ago, I think someone told me that Holster had left the hobby. It's a great pub for anyone who collects Wash. Senators cards!
Val
Nice! I could use a resource like this to come up with a want list for my Senators/Twins type collection. I'll have to see if this or something similar is available. Otherwise, I just have fun reading various threads about different sets, look for a Senator (1901-1960) or Twin (1961-1991), hunt for an example and then add it to my inventory sheet. I've got the T205 and T213 already shown here, so unfortunately I don't have another image to share.

Last edited by HoofHearted; 03-31-2012 at 08:29 PM.