View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:48 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

from what I've heard, ebay and the internet has had a lot to do with it. I think their popularity in Germany was probably nothing compared to US and before the internet auctions not a whole lot found a way over to the states.

So the supply in the US was very low back in the day but overseas people were sitting on quite a few untouched cards. The internet and ebay really changed that and many more found there way over here. Since you went from such percieved scarcity to a big "surplus" (relatively speaking) the value went down a lot.

Even with all that, I would expect a slow gradual increase in price over the years, but it does have a lot to do with collector perception which also needs to become more favorable over time. In my opinion it should as it really is a nice looking card.

i really don't think they're printing them over there , it's just that a lot found their way into the market in a relatively small amount of time. I think over the years they'll gradually gain more respect as less come from overseas in auctions and maybe a price revaluation will occurr then. But then again, maybe not?