View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 01:50 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks guys...

Alan, Good question...I hope so...

Mark, I can tell you like the 1930's style....It's a white metal cast...and the casting is a bit weak....the foundry work that is...This piece is all about the modeling...I.E. the flair of the art work... McClelland Barclay's sculpting ability...If this same work were cast in bronze by a good foundry,
$Phew!$...But I'm glad to have it. I think it was intended as an inexpensive decorative little room statue as opposed high brow fine art...you figure the difference LOL. One of the things about bronze is how it holds up over time...and it's reaction to air and dust...white metal, silver plate, etc. don't show their age well and deteriorate...bronze looks better with age and doesn't deteriorate....well it does but not enough to notice or mention...and a foundry can obtain better definition...a finer crispness to the details generally.

As you know, that Jack Lincoln Lambert's batter statue you reference was produced by Dieges and Clust...in galvano....and I think D&C also offered them in bronze...whether galvano, silver plate, bronze or what ever...Dieges and Clust had high standards and put out good looking well done stuff...I can't ever recall seeing a weak D&C piece.