View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Sean Brennan

well i am back from my Cubs night out. Just thought I would post a few pics and my experience in case anyone else is planning a cubs chicago trip and has never been.

- Took amtrak only cost $36. train trip was fine but waiting at chicago amtrak for our return trip was like something out of a really bad disaster film: way too many people crammed into one room. However the staircase from the movie "the Untouchables" was pretty cool!
-Got tickets on Ebay for $27, realized face value was $20 so I missed something there. However tickets were quite good for the price (which was the cheapest tix there were).
- bought CTA 1 day tickets (good for 24 hours of bus and tram) for $5.50 per. Only used it twice as tram was a germaphobes worst nightmare. We spent the extra money and took a taxi (THAT is how funky the tram was). Also, if you are at 626 n. michigan ave and are going to 524 N. Michigan ave. its not just one block down. Chicago is way big and my legs couldnt handle it!
- ate at the following places:
Giordanos stuffed pizzqa - got a stuffed pizza, was alright but nothing special
Chik Fil-a - oooh la la!
Potbellys - for breakfast, kind of bland and staff was not very friendly
Benningan's - only because it was close to the Art museum where we ended up at last)

- went to Art Museum - very cool! $16 per person but took us well over 5 hours to get through. Best stuff - The minature rooms! The Dorian Gray painting from the film (I am doing my worst Harpo impression in the picture)

- Cubs game went well. They lost thus keeping with the predictability of our trip.
- Stayed at the Omni. 4 1/2 star hotel. paid $120 with taxes through Expedia pick a hotel for ya deal. smallish room but great view and right next to all the shopping I could handle much to my chagrin.

-Also, Don't pretend that you are lost as inevitably a homeless person will come to you posing as a nice person just wanting to help when in fact they are doing it all for $$$ (happened to me FOUR times, once bitten/quatro shy)

There ya have it. Thanks everyone for your help and hope this helps in some sorta way?

2012-04-09_20-16-19_794.jpg

2012-04-09_13-05-05_444.jpg

2012-04-10_07-49-47_65.jpg

2012-04-10_09-54-21_126.jpg

2012-04-10_12-46-22_929.jpg