View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
A lurker may miss threads because of the title. For instance the title to this one "Let's take this scumbag down again!" doesn't inform anyone that it is about a 1916 M101 Babe Ruth.

Even doing a search they may not find it because there is a link but the actual reference to the card is seldom made in these threads.

I am not fully trying to defend people not doing their research before spending $5k, but merely trying to point out how even a casual lurker may miss doing the research here. Most of us have learned about the "Detecting Card Alterations and reprints" at the top, but I didn't know about it when I was a lurker.
Yes very possible, but maybe he would have seen the post entitled: I need some help removing this fake Ruth.

Anyway, if he still buys it at this point behind the scenes, then he is a complete idiot.

Even when the completed item was up, it showed other auctions you may be interested in at the top and there were a few Ruth's that looked exactly like his, same centering and everything, and were clearly labeled reprints.

Ebay won't state why the auction closed, just a generic letter to the buyer that he shouldn't complete the sale.