View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Dave H@rford

Default Different Perspective

As Frank pointed out, the bastard set is the format of most all of my sets. I do keep several (approx 10 sets--all Master sets for players) in the PSA registry, but I do so for a completely different reason than has been suggested.

"Yes" the use as an online checklist is nice, and "yes" now with PSA you can even add in the SGC graded cards into the checklist (but it will not affect your registry scoring).

The main reason I have the 10 PSA sets in the registry is to see how many more cards I can add to the registry that have not been noted/found/graded before. To me, I am adding to the history of that player by showing that there are many more cards out there than the typical t-series/e-series/topps etc. cards that are listed in most sets. This is what drives me to the set registry--not getting a PSA 8 over my PSA 5, but getting new cards added to the list, taking that player registry from 100 cards to 125 cards. My goal is purely set completion with whoever previously graded the card or if not graded at all.

Dave