View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post

A co-worker of mine sold tickets to a Pittsburgh Penguins playoff game on Ebay, the buyer made payment via Paypal the day before the game. The buyer requested to have the tickets emailed to him since the game was the next day, which can easily be done as a season ticket holder by electronically forwarding the tickets. My co-worker forwarded the tickets via email. A week later... a week after the game, the buyer filed a dispute with Paypal that he never received the tickets. Paypal and Ebay asked for proof of shipment or delivery. Only they do not accept emails as proof of shipment or delivery! As a result they sided with the buyer and took took $750 out of my co-worker's paypal account.
As for your co-workers issue, it's a hassle, but that is why we have a legal system. If the buyer and seller were in different states it might be a federal crime but it's a crime (maybe simple theft, not sure) and I would think could be fairly easily prosecuted. If someone did that to me they would end up paying me because I would do my very best to get justice. BTW, I am not talking about going against paypal, they usually have more lawyers and ducks in a row than it would be worth. The guy who said he didn't get them committed fraud.