View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
James, Auctionzip does not run or provide a platform for auctions, They are just a listing service, a new-school classified if you will. It does make it easier to find the auctions selling this stuff.

I just got back from Butterfield Auction in Zephryhills, FL. I spoke with the management and voiced my concerns about the CSC and YMC COA's on items they had consigned. I left them the eBay banned list, along with a suggestion they check out net54. They acknowledged the issue and said they will explicitly disavow the COA's, and inform bidders that the authenticity of the items are in question and to bid (or not bid) accordingly. I don't believe they could pull the items as there is no proof that the consignor knows they are forgeries.

I also asked them to give consideration to refusing future consignments of this nature. To their credit, they were very open to the info, as most legitimate businesses are. That they even gave me the time of day, speaks to their integrity.

http://www.butterfieldsauctions.com/...gi?butterfield
One thing I would bet on, those buyers are aware of what they are buying, because they are buying it for resale. This stuff is like a bad cold, it just keeps spreading, from one thief to another.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow