View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 07:00 PM

Default Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
All -

I am very proud to own a few Kreindlers, and not shy about sharing, either.

When I pull these paintings from the shipped boxes, I don't give much thought initially to the frame/not to frame question. My preference, instead, is to hang 'em up somewhere where I know I will see them with some regularity, and then, with the Mrs.'s permission and much due diligence, frame those I decide to frame.

I really don't put much thought into it. Hanging "naked" on the canvas, as they are, suits me just fine. A silver/gold mat/frame on the Mathewson I think helps accentuate those same tones in the jersey. But again, it would look just as good "naked".

Oh, and I never consider anything I post here to be "showing off", but rather, sharing what I own with those that would appreciate it. If you don't appreciate it, then you shouldn't be on this board.

Here are some examples:

(no idea why some of these are showing up rotated..)
Jacksons,

Many thanks for your thoughts and pictures of your terrific Kreindler trio of paintings- wow!

I must say that I like the way that they look both framed and unframed. I do think that the Matty looks spectacular framed on your cherry wood wall. The unframed paintings look terrific as well. Congrats!