View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 10:42 AM

Again unlike you, Richard, I have absolutely nothing to hide. So let's try to clear some of the smoke you've been blowing up everyone's asses.

In 2005 I purchased--for my own collection--a Ruth/Gehrig ball. It came with a full PSA/DNA certificate.
In order to raise cash to pay for the '27 ball, I decided to sell it, and listed it on eBay. I posted large, high-res close-up photos of all sides (as I always do), and, not being a complete idiot, I mentioned it was PSA authenticated, and posted a large photo of the letter.
I received a few offers. One, in particular, was from a would-be buyer in Southern California. I told him his offer was a bit low. He replied, asking me if I had a number in mind, but before I could answer, the auction was pulled. I then replied, and told him what had happened. He was still interested, asked for a scan of the cert, and sent it to PSA. Evidently, he was OK with what they told him, because he purchased the ball. Before doing so, though, he said he was going to bring the ball and CoA to PSA, and if they determined the cert was bogus could he return the ball to me. I assured him he could.

So, yes, I sold the ball after eBay pulled the auction. I answered Jon's question by marking both postings "SOLD."

If anyone feels I did anything dishonest, please get in touch, or feel free to post here. I really would like to know.