View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 12:47 AM
Michael..Adams

I'm a little surprised by some of the comments I've read here so far about the SCP Auction. I'm not saying that I personally think any of Dmitri's collection was worth what was paid...however, his collection of PSA graded RC simply has no equal in the market. The majority of what sold was psa10 pop 1 versions of Hall of Fame Members. What's confusing about the attraction there?

The 55 Clemente is an absolutely beautiful card, as is the 54 Aaron, and I'm not surprised at the hammer price for either. I questioned several aspects of the Rose when I first got my SCP catalog and I was surprised that it fetched what it did.

Lastly, it is NOT simply an "investor" that is buying these cards for financial purposes. These are baseball junkies, guys that post on other card forums everyday just like you do, that bought the vast majority of Dmitri's collection.

This auction, like many other recent auctions, as well as sales on Ebay, have all pointed to a rally in high grade, low-pop HOF RCs from the 50s-70's.