View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

The auction LOA is a popcorn fart--meaningless because you have to pay the TPA for an LOA anyway. Thanks for nothing, auction houses.

Even the full LOA won't help you not being ripped off by the TPAs. I won a Satchel Paige signed PC from Lew Lipset which came with a full JSA LOA. I wanted it put into an SGC holder for display and safekeeping. I took it to JSA at the Glendale show last month. JSA demanded $25 to have SGC put the PC in a slab. Now here's the kicker: At the same time I showed them an Ezzard Charles signed Exhibit card that came from Clean Sweep with a JSA auction LOA. The JSA rep told me that the auction LOA expired so I'd have to pay the full recert fee plus $10 to encapsulate with SGC.

WTF?

Why is it $10 to encapsulate a postcard-sized Exhibit card but $25 to encapsulate a postcard of Paige? Same size, same slab, same company, same order. Only answer I can find is that since they couldn't stick me with a recert fee on the full LOA Paige card, they tried to hose me on the slabbing.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-31-2012 at 05:52 PM.