View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenavarro View Post
Richard,

I'd be willing to venture that one could find a bunch of snakes at the National selling all kinds of bogus stuff. Everything from "game used" stuff that has never sniffed a pro game, all the way to "autographs" signed many years after the subject was deceased.

Mike
I thought that someone would make the comparison of snakes and reptiles to those who sell bogus stuff .
I can recall my most flagrant incident at a National. I was walking the room and at a booth and the next booth was exhibiting items from one of the most notorious forgers still in operation. The customer at that booth asked the person behind the counter if he had any Ruth cuts. The guy reached down and pulled out an envelope scattering the contents on the showcase in front of him. He dumped out at least 20 little pieces of paper. As I leaned in a bit I could see that they were all cuts with "Babe Ruth" so called autographs on them. The customer actually started to inspect them.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-01-2012 at 06:36 AM.