View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 05:54 PM
WillRow.ett III

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
When I started this thread with the statement:

"With all of this banter about how much people are paying for memorabilia, I thought"

I was referring to all of the incredible record prices that this years Spring auctions had produced, and how many of them (Wagner Cards, Dimitri Young's Collection, Ruth Jersey, Joe Jackson Photo, etc.) had been covered by that mainstream media. Simple as that! No "look what I have and you don't!" Or "I make more money than you do."

We're all pretty much in the same boat here, and I thought it would be fun for us average guys to have the media "spotlight" so to speak, right here on net54.

On a personal note, Due to my health issues of the last couple years, I'd be willing to wager that NO ONE here with a full time job made LESS money last year than I did. I grossed $16,953.96. My job is tip dependent and since I wasn't able to work as often as I needed to... that's life. I've never filed for either unemployment or disability either... NEVER. Nor have I ever inherited anything. But, the rainy day money has come in handy.

My collection completely feeds its self. Sell this to buy that. Repeat. Trade: I'll give you five Lou Gehrig's and one Babe Ruth for your 1 Babe Ruth?

I felt the need to clarify this as this isn't this first, or second, or third time that the whole "have and have nots" have been played out, and to be completely honest about it, I too, am tired of hearing it.

Sincerely, Jimmy

BTW... If anyone needs a good first car for a kid entering collage and has Ruth & Gehrig photos to trade for (Al) I have a clean 2009 Nissan Sentra...
James, does the pigskin ever contribute to your memorabilia budget? I know it's taken it's fair share from mine over the last two seasons.