View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Chris

1. 1951 Wheeties Mantle - one of the coolest looking cards I have ever seen. Searched for about a year before grabbing a vg/ex copy.
2. 1970s Topps Common - I have a 1970s common in very poor condition. I couldn't tell you the year or the player (it is stored with my childhood cards). But, it easily makes my top 10. My grandpa found it while working for construction, tucked it in his wallet, an saved it for me. It will always have a special place in my collection.
3. 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan - Nolan was a childhood hero. Always wanted this card in the 80s. It was one of my first vintage cards when I re entered the hobby. I was fortunate enough to get it signed by him last year, and this will never leave my collection.
4. Topps Push/Pull Mantle/Berra - In my opinion, this is one of Topps' coolest issues. Very happy to be able to play with it.
5. 1952 Topps Mantle - This is just such a classic card. It's hard not to have it in my top ten.
6. 1951 Bowman Mantle - This was my first big Mantle card purchase and got me started on my chase.
7. 1954 Redheart Dog Food Mantle - The colors on this card are amazing. It is one of the few non rookie cards I actually display. I have a dog that I really love, so the fact that I was able to combine my dog/Mantle interest was really cool.
8. 1960 Topps Mantle/Boyer - No real reason but I just think this card is really awesome. My copy was actually shoved in someone's bike spokes which I find pretty cool.
9. 1969 Topps Super Mantle - Such a sharp card.
10. 1887 Old Judge Common - This card is so beat I can't even read the name on it anymore. I feel like I am holding a piece of history though when I touch it.

Last edited by Bestdj777; 03-15-2013 at 02:02 PM.