Thread: 4k uhd tv
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 07:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post
I came way too close to buying a new TV yesterday.
If you've been in the TV section of Best Buy or Costco lately, you've probably seen the alluring new 4K Ultra High Definition Television sets they have now.
Prices are from the ~1500 to ~6000 dollar range depending on size, curved screens , refresh rate and brand.

I was close to getting one ~2100 that was unbelievable picture and 65" big.
Yes I know, it seems crazy.

Ok, so I know that they'll come down in price and the amount of content is very minimal, but dang...they look nice

Anyone here an early adopter-type who gets the latest, greatest and coolest?
Who got a new TV for the Super Bowl?

Ultimately I decided that I just don't watch enough TV to warrant this expense and a TV that large means some new wiring, maybe new chairs and maybe a sound bar. Perhaps room-darkening blinds and then of course those garage sale end tables need an upgrade and it could spiral out of control quickly

I will watch the game today on my 8 yr old set that seems darker and more grainy by the day.
So maybe 2016 is my year to get 4 K UHD?
One of the things I will do this year is replace our 15 yrs old TV in our family room, which gets a lot of use. I am sure it will be a 4k one too......but I already know i will be doing some research first. I think if you buy a TV today you almost have to go 4k or it will be outdated in a few years. We were at a super bowl party at a house with a very high end 100" tv yesterday. It was really big. The one I am replacing is 65" and the new one will be similar, to fit in the space for it. Saving my pennies now.....Even without 4k programming definition the Ultra 4k TVs look fantastic.