View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 05:43 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
No problem. It was a $10 experiment that I was glad to pay for. For me from here on out it will be sleeves and toploaders or card savers for anything that is not graded. Other cases are just to difficult to use en masse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same, and like you mentioned, they look great in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
Dale, are you using a CCD printer, like a Canon Canoscan? If not, I highly recommend one. They are relatively cheap - just over $100 new. You'll want to rescan your entire collection and they work great on all slabs (BVG included).

Rob
I am using a HP Photosmart C4780 (Print-Scan-Copy) that I have had for quite a few years. No idea if it's a CCD or not, however, but I assume it is old tech relatively speaking?

I think the problem with the BVG slabs is the bags/sleeves they put inside them mostly? Some bags are fairly smooth/even but some others, which are my worst scans, are bagged up so to speak.

In my FlickR link, there are around 10-15 graded PSA slabbed cards, and although you can tell they are based on the pic quality, none of them are as bad as my recent BVG graded card scans.

I'll have to look into one of those printers, Rob. With my ever failing eyesight, I need the best I can get!

Thanks