View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 01:01 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
This show is in the same hall as the National has been for the last 15 years in Chicago and it used to have over 1000 dealers but now they sell out at about 400. Seems to me like they are closing the door on a lot of dealers that could make the show better. I guess this is why the show is not what it used to be. Take away the corporate booths and auction houses and you are looking at about 200-300 dealers there to sell stuff. In the 1990's 200 booths would have been a local show at the armory, now its the "National Convention." Go figure.
This is why I don't set up anymore and don't really make it a priority to attend. I am a hard core collector and part time dealer and if it's not a big deal to me, what about the casual collector? All of the quality items go to auction and a lot of what is offered is regular run of the mill items. For those who never attended a pre Internet National you have no idea of how good they used to be.

I am not interested in new items, but I understand many are and everyone needs to be catered to, but the National in general has sold out to the sponsors and Tri Star. They could care less about the dealer or collector. It's a money grab for the people who run this show full time. What a joke. They get the sheep to flock to them then wear their sport coat and ride around in a golf cart acting like they're some kind of collecting royalty.