View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 02:44 AM
Rich Klein

I'll disagree with one thing. One of the reasons a couple of people are in carts is on the off-chance something occurs on the other side of the floor which needs their attention, they can get their much quicker. That's also why the booths of the dealer executive board is in the middle of the show floor. That way, the dealer board can fan out and assist anywhere at a minute's notice.

I have, and always will, provide constructive criticism of certain aspects of the National or where the show has been held (IE Atlantic City). but there are logical reasons for people such as John and the security head of the National to be in golf carts and I guarantee you it's NOT to lord over the show. And yes, in the spirit of full disclosure I know John and his family for more than 35 years now and they all work extremely hard throughout both the year and during the show on the National.

As for corporate sponsors, I also remember the days of no such thing (or very limited) as a corporate sponsor but that ship sailed a long time ago. The National could not exist in it's current state without the corporates. And many of the corporates, especially Panini (for us) have provided assistance to our twice a year Adat Chaverim non-profit show.

Last edited by Rich Klein; 06-28-2017 at 03:34 AM.