View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone Know a Chet Woods?

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

I'm sorry this didn't work out for you. It's unfortunate to be on the bad end of a deal, but chalk it up as a learning experience that just because a card is in a slab, doesn't mean the card is good. I have a trimmed card that I submitted just recently, figuring I'd get an AUTHENTIC grade, and now I have a T206 HOFer in a PSA 5 holder. It happens.

A word about Chet: I'm not a big-time buyer by any means. I met Chet a few years ago at a show, and after the first meeting he knows me by name, knows what I collect, and takes some time out to talk to me every time I see him. It's nice to get that kind of service from a dealer.

Chet has also sold me raw cards on multiple occasions, and said to me "If the card doesn't grade where we think it will, bring it back to me at the next show and I'll take it back." While I've had dealers guarantee a card would grade, I've never had one guarantee HOW a card will grade. While I'm sure Chet doesn't do that with every transaction, it sure gave me a lot of confidence when he did it with me.

-Al