View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay trouble....geez

Posted By: Dan

"Shipping insurance
US $1.35 Optional
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seller's payment instructions
I accept M.O. & cashiers checks or PayPal. If payment not received within 5 days item will be re-listed.I ship USPS. If you want insurance please ask."

Read the auction on Ebay, the buyer is wrong for raising such a stink for it not arriving. For a $1.35 you were covered, a buck thirty five. It was OPTIONAL, which implies that it was your choice as a buyer to opt for the insurance.

All of the major auction houses MAKE the buyer pay for shipping and insurance, just in case something like this happens. At Christmas time there are frequent delays in shipping items to their destinations and that is all that this is I am sure, however, you would feel much better had you taken out the insurance.

I think that it is sad that all of you are piling on the seller only and not the buyer as he was ultimately the one that made a bad choice and not take the buck thirty five option. Delivery confirmation is certainly the safe road for the seller but by no means is it mandatory.