View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Johnny S

Default AP All Day goes over the top wow

I love All Day Adrian Peterson and even have his jersey but am kind of shocked and disgusted with his comments on saying that playing in the NFL is like modern day slavery with how they are treated by the owners. Maybe he is a creampuff and can't play hurt is what I'm thinking after his lousy last two years and garbage mouth. What an insult to the old school players who made next to nothing,what a joke. After reading this I hope the players do strike and don't get paid s&^% next year, so if the players are getting robbed, I guess the fans are getting reamed, without fantasy football and gambling the NFL wouldn't be half of what it is, get a grip AP ! The owners need the players like they need a hole in the head,what are these players thinking ?

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci...nclick_check=1

"The players are getting robbed. They are," Peterson told Yahoo. "The owners are making so much money off of us to begin with. I don't know that I want to quote myself on that."

When discussing other players feeling the same way, Peterson said: "It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money. ... The owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money. I understand that; these are business-minded people. Of course this is what they are going to want to do. I understand that; it's how they got to where they are now. But as players, we have to stand our ground and say, 'Hey — without us, there's no football.' "
Peterson is set to make $10.72 million in base salary in 2011.