View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Speaking purely as to prewar stuff, I've seen more PSA mistakes than SGC mistakes. A rejection by either company is meaningless, though, as far as proving that the card is good or bad. it is all subjective. A friend of mine busted some packs from a sealed box at the National and some of the cards were rejected by PSA as trimmed. If anything, my experience with SGC in the vintage field has been that they are more likely to reject good cards and make you resubmit than they are to grade bad cards.

That said, everyone makes mistakes. I've made a few myself over the years in card acquisitions and I consider myself to be as experienced and as talented as any grader out there. The key is how mistakes are handled. SGC has made good on them as far as I know. I once bought a T206 Waddell portrait on Ebay that was an SGC 80 but on closer inspection I felt it was trimmed. I took it to the National, showed it to Dave F., he agreed, and they bought it back. No nonsense, no debates. I feel that they have an earnest intent not to leave bad cards out there in their holders, whereas I feel sometimes that PSA doesn't care one way or the other.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 09-17-2011 at 10:49 AM.