View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 10:19 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
David James is a bored little man who has nothing better to do than start crud with me every time he turns around. I REFUSE to stoop to his level.
SGC only saves the most recent invoices, unlike PSA that saves every single one. I have submitted cards to SGC since 2007/2008. If they would save every invoice I would have no problem. I refuse to post just the last 6 invoices. By your constant name calling and belittling, you are showing what calibre of man you really are.
On an off-topic, not saving all invoices is a pretty annoying thing at SGC. Saying that I've sorta found a way around it if you remember your old invoice #'s. And again, if you don't quite remember them, SGC uses the invoice numbers on the flip before the dash, so if you have a card from that invoice (or a scan of the card), you can get the invoice number from there. So if your flip is 123456789-987, then your invoice # for that flip is 123456789.

What you do is to log into SGC, and then click the "Track Invoice" tab at the top. From there, you enter your old invoice # that is no longer appearing, and search for it, and it will appear. I've attached screenshots of the Track Invoice tab, and an old invoice I searched for which you can see is no longer a part of the Recent Invoices.

Again, among my pet peeves for SGC is for them to fix this and show all invoices. Another peeve is for them to fix their Population Reports. PSA shows every year for each sport that they have a graded set in. For SGC, you have to search for the year. You would think that this is normally pretty easy, but SGC uses circa years a lot (e.g., things like c.1915 or c.1930s) so it's tough to get the search criteria exactly right if you're not completely sure what you're looking for. In addition, when you do a player search in the pop report, it doesn't default show the results by year. You can still sort by year by clicking on the Year in the column header in the pop report. You can see my 3rd picture for that. However, SGC still doesn't show the circa years sorted correctly. If you go to the last page, you can see some of the circa years, but not all of them. (Another pet peeve is that SGC should allow you to see all of the pop report for a player or set on one page instead of having to go through 9 pages.) In the last picture, I show a c.1915 Ruth that doesn't appear on the pop report when I search for all cards for Ruth, but if I enter the c.1915 for the year, then the card appears.

Anyway, I'm sure the argument will be that SGC spends its resources on what really counts, i.e., the grading, which is fine. Still it'd be nice if they make a few things easier to use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sgc_track1.JPG (48.3 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg sgc_track2.JPG (57.8 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg sgc_pop.jpg (77.1 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg sgc_pop2.jpg (85.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg sgc_pop3..JPG (50.9 KB, 89 views)