Thread: 2017 National
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I spent 2 days at the Chicago national, and it wasn't enough. No autographs. The first day I went from booth to booth fairly quickly and made notes of tables that I wanted to return to. On the second day I spent a lot of time at some of the tables, dug through a lot of bins and boxes. I was there 8-9 hours per day on Thursday and Friday and I wish I could have stayed for Saturday and Sunday.

Some dealers will trade, and I have done well in the past selling cards to dealers. Some take credit cards and PayPal, but cash is king.

My wife and I will be there in July, (she is a saint!), and we plan on spending 2 days at the show. My plan is the same as always - spend most of my time on the perimeter of the show, or way in the back, working with the smaller dealers, where some good bargains can be found.
My experience coincides with the above. Two days is usually sufficient for me, but my focus for each National tends to be somewhat narrow with regard to the cards (tables featuring new or modern cards are given only a quick glance). I don't do autographs at all, though.

Best of luck to you at Chicago,

Larry